The BE Communication Lab anticipates several openings this year to join the team. The Communication Lab is a program that is for engineers – by engineers. We offer writing, speaking, and visual design support for BE undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-docs. Our staff, Communication Fellows, are paid, trained graduate students and post-docs from the department, so they are content experts as well as communication coaches. The Comm Lab Fellowship is a unique opportunity to innovate in the science communication space, contribute to your community, and improve your communication, mentoring, and leadership skills.
About the Communication Fellowship:
- Fellows are paid by the hour and typically contribute 3-5hrs/week towards Comm Lab related activities.
- Fellows receive hands-on training throughout the first year on topics like scientific papers, figure design, and job applications. Trainings also emphasize best practices in feedback, coaching, and mentorship.
- Fellows will coach peers, develop workshops, and create innovative initiatives to meet the Communication needs of the department.
- International students are eligible for the Communication Fellowship.
- Postdoctoral associates and postdoctoral fellows may be eligible for the Communication fellowship. Speak to your sponsoring department about eligibility.
Since the Communication Lab was launched in Biological Engineering in 2013, the program has grown to support Nuclear Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, and the Broad Institute. BE Fellows have hosted >2500 coaching sessions totaling >2000 hours of individualized student support.