This page is dedicated to communication tasks that, unlike CVs and posters, do not follow universally recognized standards. The following article is based on guidelines and examples that are specific to MIT NSE, and we hope to add more articles in the future.
- Doctoral qualifying exam paper (email Marina Dang at email@example.com for the password)
- Thesis prospectus
- 22.911 – Seminar in Nuclear Science and Engineering
Other useful resources at MIT include:
- NSE Academic Office website for all NSE forms, graduation checklists, and other resources.
If you have questions, please contact Brandy Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heather Barry (email@example.com).
- Academic Writing from Integrity at MIT: A Handbook for Students
On Writing Original Work, Avoiding Plagiarism, Good Note Taking, and more.
- The Writing and Communication Center (WCC)
They are staffed by MIT lecturers who are published writers and experienced teachers. WCC provides one-on-one consultation on written and oral communication, and addresses all concerns ranging from structure to style, as well as English grammar.
- Your own NSE librarian Alejandro Paz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If it takes you more than 5 minutes to find a source, just email him!
- The Career Advising & Professional Development (CAPD)
Their staff can help you with a wide spectrum of tasks including CV reviews, mock interviews, polishing your LinkedIn profile, and networking.
- The Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
They offer numerous resources such as ways to gain teaching experience, information about fellowship opportunities for international students, and support for those pursuing a career in academia.
- The English Language Studies (ELS) program through MIT Global Languages (for MIT students only).
They offer writing courses for bilingual students, workshops on writing for science and engineering, and training in speaking and pronunciation
- The Teaching and Learning Lab (TLL)
This is a rich program for those interested in teaching and/or curriculum development. They also run a teaching certificate program which consistently receives outstanding reviews.